lower left in gray ink: hi harpignies 1911; by later hand, upper left verso in graphite: Chemin à Hérisson; center verso stamped in black: 169; by later hand, upper right verso: U; by later hand, center verso in black chalk: 1899
(Arnold & Tripp, Paris [Lugt undescribed]); H.A. Robinson, Esq.; (Marlborough-Gerson Gallery Inc., New York); William B. O'Neal [1907-1994], Charlottesville, VA, January 1966; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Henri-Joseph Harpignies 1819-1916 Paintings-Watercolors-Drawings, Marlborough Fine Art Limited, London, 1957, no. 56.
- French Drawings, Marlborough-Gerson Gallery, New York, 1966, no. 52.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993, no. 31.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, Georgia Museum of Art, The University of Georgia, Athens, 4 May-16 June, 1996.
- London, Arts Council of Great Britain, Harpignies, [date unknown] no. 21.