No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Pietro Monaco [1707-1772], Venice, Italy (engraved and published by him in 1743 in Raccolta di centododici stampe di pitture della storia sacra and reissued in 1763); Ann Payne Robertson, New York; (sale Sotheby & Co., London, November 26, 1970, no. 71); Armand Hammer Collection, 1970; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Exhibited with the Armand Hammer collection from 1971, beginning with the California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; except Fine Arts Gallery of San Diego, 1971, and Tennessee Fine Arts Center at Cheekwood, Nashville, 1976.
- Venetian Drawings in American Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1974; Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth, 1974-1975, pp. 36, 68, no. 68.
- Old Master Drawings from American Collections, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1976, pp. 50-51, no. 58, repr.
- Master Drawings from the Collection of the National Gallery of Art and Promised Gifts, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1978, p. 73.
- Master Drawings from the Armand Hammer Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 97-98, no. 15
- The Glory of Venice: Art in the Eighteenth Century, Royal Academy of Arts, London, and National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, 180, 182, 495, no. 96 (repro. p. 180, color)(entry by Colin Harrison).
- iepolo and his Circle: Drawings in American Collections, Harvard University Art Museums and the Pierpont Morgan Library, no. 12
- The Poetry of Light - La poesia della luce: Venetian Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, Museo Correr, Venice, Venice, 2014 - 2015, no. 66.
- Linda Bayer, letter to the Editor, Master Drawings vol. 4, no. 2 (1966), p. 169 (mention of drawing).
- Tiepolo: A Bicentenary Exhibition. Exh. cat. The Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, MA, 1970: under no. 11.
- The Armand Hammer Collection. Exh. cat. Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, 1971: no. 67.
- Pignatti, Terisio. Venetian Drawings from American Collections. Washingon, 1974: 36-37.
- Debs, Barbara Knowles. "Venetian Drawings from American Collections," Print Collector's Newsletter, Vol. 5, no. 5, Nov./Dec.1975, p. 112.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 672, no. 1075, color repro.
- Master Drawings from the Armand Hammer Collection. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1987: 97-98.
- The Glory of Venice. Exh. cat. Royal Academy of Arts, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museo del Settecento Veneziano - Ca'Rezzonico, Venice; Gallerie dell'Accademia, Venice, 1994-1995: no. 96.
- Tiepolo and His Circle. Drawings in American Collections. Fogg Art Museum, Cambirdge, and Pierpont Morgan Library, New York. Cambridge, 1996: 48-49.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection