No overview available.
Marks and Labels
lower left, atelier stamp: Degas
Atelier Degas (sold Paris, Galerie Georges Petit, fourth sale, July 2-4, 1919, no. 357); René de Gas (sale, Paris, Hôtel Drouot, 10 November 1927, no. 50); purchased by (Jean Metthey, Paris). Monsieur S--; (his sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 13 November 1969, no. 20 and plate III); Armand Hammer Collection, 1970; gift to NGA, 1991.
- Exhibited with the Armand Hammer collection from 1970, starting with Isaac Delgado Museum of Art, New Orleans; except Fine Arts Gallery of San Diego, 1971.
- Degas, Form and Space, Centre Culturel du Marais, Paris; New York, 1984, 119, fig. 99.
- Lemoisne, Paul André. Degas et son oeuvre. 4 vols. Paris: Arts et metiers graphiques, 1946-1949. Vols. 2 and 3, 1946. Reprinted in 5 vols., New York and London, 1984.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection