No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Probably 18th-century French private collection (copied by Jean-Jacques Lagrenée in 1776). Private collection (sale, Sotheby's, Monaco, 20 February 1988, no. 230); (Hazlitt, Gooden & Fox, London); Gilbert Butler, New York, 1988; partial and promised gift to NGA, 1991.
- Dürer to Diebenkorn: Recent Acquisitions of Art of Paper, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1992, no. 22.
- Genoa, Drawings and Prints, 1530 - 1800, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1996, no. 30.
- Six Centuries/Six Artists, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1997.
- Art for the Nation: Collecting for a New Century, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000-2001.
- Art for the Nation:Collecting for a New Century, NGA, Washington, D.C., 2000, 174.
- The Baroque Genius of Giovanni Benedetto Castiglione, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D. C., 2012
- Paris, Richard. Foundation Stories: The Stories on Which Literarure is Built. Iowa, 1993: p. 28.
- Grasselli, Margaret Morgan. Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009: 226, fig. 1.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection