No overview available.
lower right reverse, upside down: G Braque
Marks and Labels
(Galerie Kahnweiler, Paris, no. 1066); sequestered by the French government during World War I and sold by the government at (second Kahnweiler Collection sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 17-18 November 1921, no. 9, as Le Port); purchased by Mr. Clément. Private collection, Zurich, by 1950 until at least 1953. G. David Thompson, Pittsburgh; sold November 1958 to (M. Knoedler & Co., Inc., New York) on joint account with César de Hauke; purchased 1959 by Henry T. Mudd; Mrs. Henry T. Mudd [later Mrs. Victoria Nebeker Coberly], Pasadena, California; gift 1992 to NGA.
- Georges Braque, Kunsthalle Basel, 1933, no. 31.
- Europäische Kunst 13 - 20 Jahrhundert aus Zürcher Sammlungen, Kunsthaus, Zurich, 1950, p. 30.
- Braque, Kunsthalle Bern, 1953, no. 27.
- Braque: le cubisme, fin 1907-1914, Galerie Maeght, Paris, 1982, no. 50.
- Georges Braque -- Pioneer of Modernism, Acquavella Galleries, Inc., New York, 2011, unnumbered catalogue, pl. 7.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection