No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Dr. Thomas Calvert Girtin, Great Britain; George W. Girtin, Great Britain; Thomas Girtin, Great Britain; Tom Girtin, Great Britain, 1991; (Leger Galleries Ltd., London, 1992); purchase 1992 by NGA.
- London, Whitechapel Art Gallery, 1906, no. 70.
- Drawings by John Robert Cozens, Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1922-1923, no. 42, repro. pl. XXIII.
- Exhibtiion of British Art, Royal Academy, London, 1934.
- Early Watercolours from the Collection of Thomas Girtin, Graves Art Gallery, Sheffield, 1953, no. 20.
- The Eighteenth Century. Winter Exhibition, Royal Academy, London, 1954-1955, no. 633.
- Exhibition of Early English Watercolours, City Art Gallery, Leeds, 1958, no. 24.
- The Girtin Collection, Royal Academy, London, 1962, no. 18.
- Watercolours by John Robert Cozens, Whitworth Art Gallery, Manchester, and Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 1971, no. 62, reprod.
- British Landscape Painting, Leger Galleries, London, 1992, no. 32.
- Dürer to Diebenkorn: Recent Acquisitions of Art on Paper, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1992, no. 43.
- The Great Age of British Watercolors 1750-1880, Royal Academy of Arts, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1993, no. 94.
- Art for the Nation: Collecting for a New Century, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2000-2001, 198-199.
- Paysages d'Italie: Les peintres du plein air (1780-1830), Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; Centro Internazionale d'Arte e di Cultura di Palazzo Te, Mantua, 2001, no. 27, repro. (shown only in Paris).
- The Artist's Vision: Romantic Traditions in Great Britain, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007
- Binyon, Lawrence. English Watercolours. London, 1933, 54, reprod. facing p. 44.
- Bell, C.F., and T. Girtin. "The Drawings and Sketches of John Robert Cozens," Walpole Society 23, 1935, no. 276 iii, repro. pl. XXXIIIa.
- Oppé, A.P. Alexander & John Robert Cozens. 1952, 152.
- Klonk, Charlotte. Science and the Perception of Nature: British Landscape Art in the Late Eighteenth and Early Nineteenth Centuries. New Haven and London, 1996: 31, fig. 7.
- Christie's, London. "British Art on Paper," sale catalogue, 18 November 2004, 47, under no. 57.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection