Marks and Labels
Giorgio Vasari [1511-1574]; Niccolò Gaddi [d. 1591]; possibly Thomas Howard, Earl of Arundel; probably William Cavendish, 2nd Duke of Devonshire [1672-1729]; by descent, Chatsworth (inv.no.960) (sale, London, Christie's, 3 July 1984, lot 46); purchased by Ian Woodner, New York; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; purchased by NGA, 1991.
- Italian Drawings Exhibited at the Royal Academy, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1930, no. 50 (recto only).
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth, Arts Council of Great Britain, London, 1949, no. 10.
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth: A Loan Exhibition from the Devonshire Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. and elsewhere, 1962-63, no. 36.
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth: A Loan Exhibition from the Devonshire Collection, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1969, no. 36.
- Old Master Drawings from Chatsworth: A Loan Exhibition from the Devonshire Collection, Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 1973-74, no. 36.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, 1985, no. 76 (checklist only).
- Dibujos de los siglos XIV al XX: Colección Woodner, Museo del Prado, Madrid, 1986-87, no. 29.
- Meisterzeichnungen aus Sechs Jahrhunderten: Die Sammlung Ian Woodner, Haus der Kunst, Munich and Vienna, 1986, no. 24.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1987, no. 22.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 29.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 9.
- The Drawings of Filippino Lippi and his Circle, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1997-1998, nos. 6, 51, 64, 66, 79, 80, 84, 107, 108, 117.
- Art for the Nation: Collecting for a New Century, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000-2001, 132-135.
- Sandro Botticelli, Der Bilderzyklus zu Dantes Göttlicher Komödie. Kulturforum, Berlin; Scuderie Papali al Quirinale, Rome; Royal Academy, London, 2000-2001, 364, 365 (.1.a only, as Botticelli) (shown only in Berlin).
- Schenck, Kimberly, et al. "A Page from Giorgio Vasari's Libro de' Disegni as Composite Object." Facture 1 (2013): 2, 19-21, 24, 28, figs. 14, 15a-15b, 16 (color).
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection