center right in graphite: ombres sourdes / et tranchantes; lower right in graphite in vertical direction: ombre demi teinte / calir au bord sourd
Marks and Labels
Artist's estate stamp (Lugt 1477); (sale, Saumur, Segeron, 20 November 1988, Paris); purchased (via de Bayser) by Ian Woodner, New York; by inheritance to his daughters, Andrea and Dian Woodner, New York, 1990; gift to NGA, 1993.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collection, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1990, no. 107.
- Nine Old Master Drawings: Recent Gifts from the Woodner Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993 (checklist only).
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996, no. 103.
- Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007.
- The Touch of the Artist: Master Drawings from the Woodner Collections. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995-1996: no. 103.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection