lower left in black chalk: EBJ.; by later hand, center verso in graphite: 7561 / MOUNT
(J.S. Maas & Co., Ltd., London); purchased by William B. O'Neal, Charlottesville, VA, December 1972-1994; gift to NGA, 1995.
- La Bella Mano: Pre-Raphaelite Paintings and Decorative Arts, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richond, 1982, no. 30.
- The English Avant-Garde of the 1880's: Aesthetes, Rebels and Feminists, University of Virginia Library, Richmond, 1985.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1993, no. 51.
- Drawings from the O'Neal Collection, Georgia Museum of Art, The University of Georgia, Athens, 4 May-16 June, 1996.
- The Artist's Vision: Romantic Traditions in Great Britain, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2006 - 2007