lower right in black watercolor: HOMER
(M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1901); Dr. Frank W. Gunsaulus, Chicago, 1901; (M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1902); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1903; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art
- Eighth Annual Exhibition, Philadelphia Water Color Club, Pennsylvania, 1910, no. 163
- The Art of Winslow Homer, Bowdoin College Museum of Fine Arts, Brunswick, Maine, 1954
- Winslow Homer: A Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1958-1959, no. 162 (NGA only)
- Winslow Homer in the 1880s: Watercolors, Drawings, and Etchings, Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse, New York, 1983, p. 18, fig. 11, no. 15, repro
- Winslow Homer Watercolors, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, TX; Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, CT, 1986, no. 182
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, no. 185
- Focus on the Corcoran: Works on Paper, 1860-1990, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2015
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 76, no. 479.
- Goodrich, Lloyd, and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer vol. 5. New York, 2014: p. 107, no. 1476.