No overview available.
Marks and Labels
The Hon. Irwin Boyle Laughlin, Washington, D.C.; his wife, Therese Iselin Laughlin, Washington, D.C., 1941; their daughter, Gertrude Laughlin Chanler, New York, 1958; gift to NGA, 2000.
- Giovanni Battista Piranesi: the Early Architectural Fantasies, NGA, Washington, D.C., 1978: no. 28.
- Eighteenth Century Drawings from the Collection of Mrs. Gertrude Laughlin Chanler, NGA, Washington, D.C., 1982, no. 17.
- The Glory of Venice, Royal Academy of Arts, London, and National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994, 391, 484, no. 275 (repro. p. 391, color)(entry by Olimpia Theodoli).
- Art for the Nation: Collecting for a New Century, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000-2001.
- Art for the Nation:Collecting for a New Century, NGA, Washington, D.C., 2000, 182, as Fantasy of a Palatial Interior.
- Drawings and Prints from the Permanent Collection (Summer 2000), National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000 (no catalogue).
- Thomas, Hylton. The Drawings of Giovanni Battista Piranesi. London, 1954: 18-19, 45, no. 31.
- Robison, Andrew. Piranesi: the Early Architectural Fantasies. A Catalogue Raisonné of the Etchings. Washington, D.C., 1986: 33-34.
- "A selection of 2000 museum acquisitions," Apollo, December 2000, reprod. p. 21.
- Robison, Andrew. "Gifts and Acquisitions: Giovanni Battista Piranesi, Fantastic Monument in a Palatial Interior." National Gallery of Art Bulletin 24 (Fall 2000): 9.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection