No overview available.
across bottom nearly indecipherable on a fragment of the old frame set into the new frame: [PETR]US LAURENTIIDESENIS M[E] PIXIT [AN] DNI MCCCXXI (date uncert
Marks and Labels
Probably the art market, Florence, by 1924; (Alessandro Contini, Rome), by 1926; sold 1927 to Felix M. Warburg [1871-1937], New York; by inheritance to his wife, Frieda Schiff Warburg [1876-1958], New York; gift 1941 to NGA.
- Masterpieces of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture from 1300-1800, New York World's Fair, 1939, no. 221, pl. 5.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 251, repro. 135.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 77
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 68, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 198, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 232, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection