No overview available.
by a later hand, upper left verso in graphite: nassau / native hut / native hut at nassau / Winslow Homer; lower center in graphite (upside down): No. 1 Frame
Marks and Labels
James W. Ellsworth, Chicago, by 1890; Lincoln Ellsworth, his son, probably 1925; Marie Louise Ulmer Ellsworth (Mrs. Lincoln Ellsworth), New York, by bequest, 1951; (Kennedy Galleries, 1965); Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA, c. 1972; gift to NGA, 1994.
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, 239-240, no. 147.
- An Enduring Legacy: Masterpieces from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999-2000.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- Cooper, Helen A., Winslow Homer Watercolors, New Haven, 1986: 132.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 274.
- Winslow Homer. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996: no. 147.
- Unger, Miles, The Watercolors of Winslow Homer. New York, 2001: 127.127
- Tedeschi, Martha with Kristi Dahm. Watercolors by Winslow Homer: The Color of Light, Art Institute of Chicago, 2008: 170-171, fig. 1.
- Goodrich, Lloyd and Abigail Booth Gerdts. Record of Works by Winslow Homer. New York, 2012: IV.2, no. 1275.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection