No overview available.
lower right in black ink: C.E. Watkins; lower right in graphite: Piwyac - Vernal Fall, 300 ft Yosemite; by later hand: upper right in graphite: 58-
Marks and Labels
David and Mary Robinson, Sausalito, CA; gift to NGA, 1995.
- The First Century of Photography: New Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995.
- Carleton Watkins: The Art of Perception, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999-2000, no. 12, as Piwac, Vernal Falls, 300 feet, Yosemite.
- Carleton E. Watkins: Photographs 1861-1874. San Francisco: Fraenkel Gallery, in Association with Bedford Arts, Publishers, 1989, illus. pl.30.
- Carleton Watkins: The Art of Perception. Exh. cat. San Francisco Museum of Modern Art; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999-2000: no. 12.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection