No overview available.
upper left: à Bonnard / EVuillard
Marks and Labels
Pierre Bonnard [1867-1947]; (his estate sale, Galerie Charpentier, Paris, 23 February 1954, no. 30). Sir Alexander Korda; (his sale, Sotheby's, London, 14 June 1962, no. 31); purchased through (Hector Brame, Paris) by Mr. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift 1995 to NGA.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 183, repro.
- Bonnard Among Friends. Matisse, Monet, Vuillard..., Musée Bonnard, Le Cannet, 2012, no. 6, repro.
- Goldwater, Robert. "The Glory that was France." Art News 65 (March 1966): 42, repro.
- Salomon, Antoine, and Guy Cogeval. Vuillard, The Inexhaustible Glance: Critical Catalogue of Paintings and Pastels. 3 vols. Milan and Paris, 2003: 2:no. VI-417, repro., as Marthe Bonnard Wearing a Hat.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection