Albert Aurier [1865-1892], Paris; to his nephew, Jacques Williame, Châteauroux, France; John Rewald, New York (Lugt 1514a); (his sale, Sotheby's, 7 July 1960, no. 7); (Frank Perls Gallery, Beverly Hills); Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift to NGA, 1995.
- The Collection of Mr. and Mrs. John Rewald. Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery, 1959, no.7.
- Bonnard and his Environment. Museum of Modern Art, New York and tour, 1964-1965, no. 85 (as Girls).
- Building a Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1997-1998, no. 22.
- An Enduring Legacy: Masterpieces from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999-2000.
- Fermigier, André. Pierre Bonnard. New York, 1969: 62 repro.
- Giambruni, Helen Emery. "Early Bonnard, 1885-1900." Ph.D. dissertation. University of California, Berkeley, 1983: 91, 143, 357, no. 74.