lower right verso stamped in red: ATELIER / ED. DEGAS (Lugt 657); by later hand, across bottom verso in graphite: N.Y Degas, Au Louvre Mary Cassatt 1.e etat / 12 care / S10 / y
Marks and Labels
Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA, by 1984; gift to NGA, 1995.
- Master Prints from Washington Private Collections. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1984-1985.
- An Enduring Legacy: Masterpieces from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1999-2000.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, as Mary Cassatt at the Louvre: The Etruscan Gallery.
- "The Unfinished Print", The Frick Collection, New York; Städelsches Kunstinstitut Frankfurt am Main, 2004-2005.
- Delteil, Loys. Le peintre-graveur illustre. 31 vols. Paris: Published by the author, 1906-1926. Reprint. New York: Collectors Editions, Da Capo Press, 1969. Vol. 30 (Albert Besnard) is by Louis Godefroy.
- Reed/Shapiro 1984, no. 51, state i/ix
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection