lower left in graphite: COROT. 1844.
Ernest Rouart, Paris; Richards S. Davis, Minneapolis, by 1947; Paul J. Sachs, Cambridge, MA; (sale, London, Sotheby's, 1 July 1964, no. 61); Stanley; purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift to NGA, 1995.
- The Great Tradition of French Painting. Wildenstein and Co., New York, June-October, 1939, no. 57.
- The Serene World of Corot. Wildenstein and Co., New York, Nov.-Dec., 1942, no. 78.
- Possibly French Pastels and Drawings from Clouet to Degas. Wildenstein and Co., New York, Feb.-Mar., 1944, no. 101.
- 19th Century French Drawings. California Palace of the Legion of Honor, Mar.-April, 1947. no. 43.
- Building a Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1997-1998, no. 132.