lower right in graphite: Ingres Del.
Marks and Labels
Mrs. Edward Dodwell (Countess Giraud, died 1873), Gallweise; by inheritance to her son Count Maximilian Spaur (died 1896), Graz; by inheritance to his daughter Anna Spaur (Countess Heinrich Stürgkh, died 1928), Vienna; by inheritance to her son, Count Barthold Stürgkh (died 1965); by inheritance to Countess Barthold Stürgkh [née Ladislajy Semsey]; purchased 1968 through Dr. Nicholas Karger, New York by (Feilchenfeldt, Zurich); purchased 1969 by (Thos. Agnew & Sons, Ltd., London); purchased 1969 by Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, Upperville, VA; gift to NGA, 1995.
- "From the Pre-Raphaelites to Picasso." Thos. Agnew & Sons, London, 1969, no. 88.
- Pantheon 27 (May-June 1969): 255.
- N[icolson], B[enedict]. "Current and Forthcoming Exhibitions." The Burlington Magazine (July 1969): 464, 467, repr. 462, fig. 65..
- Naef, Hans. Die Bildniszeichnungen von J.-A.-D. Ingres. 5 vols. Bern: Benteli Verlag, c.1977-1980.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection