No overview available.
lower right in black chalk or pastel: Kollwitz
Marks and Labels
Probably Ernst Heinrich, prince of Saxony; (C.G. Boerner, Düsseldorf); Robert and Chris Petteys, Sterling, Colorado, acquired 1982; gift to NGA, 1995.
- Käthe Kollwitz, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992, no. 33, as Self-Portrait in Profile Facing Right.
- Building a Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1997-1998, no. 118, as Self-Portrait.
- A Century of Drawing, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002, no. 1.
- Nagel, Otto. The Drawings of Kathe Kollwitz. New York: Galerie St. Etienne; Crown Publishers, 1972.
- Petteys, Chris. Dictionary of Women Artists, an international dictionary of women artists born before 1900. Boston, 1982: repro. as frontispiece.
- Fecht, Tom. Käthe Kollwitz: Das Farbige Werk. West Berlin, 1987: no. 11, repro. 7 (2nd ed. translated. by A.S. Wensinger and R.H. Wood, New York, 1988: no. 11, repro. 7 and cover).
- Timm, Werner. Käthe Kollwitz, Meisterwerke. Munich, 1993: no. 12, repro. section 1.
- Woman's Art Journal 15/1 (1994): repro. cover.
- A Century of Drawing. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001-2002: no. 1.
- Kunz , Armin. “German Drawings, Washington.” Review of German Master Drawings from the Wolfgang Ratjen Collection 1580-1900.” In The Burlington Magazine 152, no. 1,291 (October 2010): 702.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection