No overview available.
lower center below image in graphite: Traumes - Ende (the end of the dream); lower center below plate mark in graphite: No. 9 (written over IX) fin de rêve (the end of the dream); lower left below plate mark in graphite: "Un Gant" Oeuvre 6.; upper right above image in plate: IX.
Marks and Labels
Carus Gallery, New York; private collection; gift to NGA, 1995.
- The Darker Side of Light: Arts of Privacy, 1850-1900, Hammer Museum, Los Angeles; NGA; Smart Museum of Art, Chicago, 2009 - 2010
- Singer, Hans Wolfgang. Max Klingers Radierungen, Stiche und Steindrucke. Berlin, 1909 (republished 1978 by Martin Gordon, New York).
- Varnedoe, J. Kirk T. with Elizabeth Streicher. Graphic Works of Max Klinger. New York, 1977: 80-81 (Postscript to A Glove).
- Carey, Frances and Antony Griffiths. The Print in Germany 1880-1933: The Age of Expressionism. London and New York, 1984: 44.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection