No overview available.
lower left: Oswald Birley / 1933
Marks and Labels
The sitter, Andrew W. Mellon [1855-1937], Pittsburgh and Washington, D.C.; by inheritance to his daughter, Mrs. Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; gift 1941 to NGA.
- Makers of History in Washington 1800-1950 [An Exhibition Celebrating the Sesquicentennial of the Establishment of the Federal Government in Washington], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1950, no. 116, repro.
- Portraits of Personalities, Past and Present, Portraits, Inc., New York, 1952, no. 4.
- This New Man: A Discourse in Portraits, National Portrait Gallery, Washington, D.C., 1968, unnumbered, 154, repro.
- Fitzsimmons, James. "Famous Faces." The Art Digest 26 (1 February 1952): 17.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 15.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 8, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 30, repro.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 36, 40, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection