NGA Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt Supp.1932d); given to the National Gallery of Art, 1943.
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 25, 34, repro.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- This does not refer to any published work. It refers to the chronological and stylistic sequence of Rembrandt drawings in the National Gallery's collection AS DETERMINED BY ANDREW ROBISON.
- National Gallery of Art. Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art: Commemorating the tercentenary of the artist's death. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1969: 34, no. 25, repro.
- Benesch, Otto. The Drawings of Rembrandt. 6 vols. London: Phaidon, 1973. (enlarged and edited by Eva Benesch from 1954-1957 ed.): no. 198
- Williams, Julia Lloyd, et al. Rembrandt's Women (exhibition catalogue). Edinburgh, 2001: p 140.
- Schatborn, Peter, Carel van Tuyll van Serooskerken, and Hélène Grollemund. Rembrandt dessinateur: Chefs-d'oeuvre des collections en France. Paris, 2006: under no. 21, fig. 37.