on verso notes in graphite
NGA Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt Supp.1932d)
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 28, 36, repro.
- NGA Master Drawings 1978, p. 54.
- Rembrandt by Himself, National Gallery, London, Koninklijk Kabinet van Schilderijen "Mauritshuis", The Hague, 1999, cat.no. 45.
- "Rembrandt By Himself" ("Rembrandt Zelf"), The National Gallery, London; Koninklijk Kabinet van Schilderijen "Mauritshuis", The Hague, 1999-2000, no. 45.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- This does not refer to any published work. It refers to the chronological and stylistic sequence of Rembrandt drawings in the National Gallery's collection AS DETERMINED BY ANDREW ROBISON.
- National Gallery of Art. Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art: Commemorating the tercentenary of the artist's death. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1969: 36, no. 28, repro.
- Benesch, Otto. The Drawings of Rembrandt. 6 vols. London: Phaidon, 1973. (enlarged and edited by Eva Benesch from 1954-1957 ed.)
- Robinson 1977, 30.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 667, no. 1058, color repro.
- National Gallery of Art, Washington. Washington, D.C., 1992: 320, repro.
- Alger, Sandra L.H. Games for Teaching Art. Portland, Maine, 1995: 17, 26, 45 (reproduced on each).
- White, Christopher, and Quentin Buvelot, ed. Rembrandt by Himself. Exh.cat. National Gallery, London, 1999: cat. no. 45 (repro.).
- Slive, Seymour. Rembrandt Drawings. Los Angeles, 2009: no. 1.9