William Esdaile (Lugt 2617); Alfred Morrison (Lugt 144); Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b) purchased from E. Stetson Crawford; given to the National Gallery of Art 1943
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 49b, 52-53, repro.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, as The Three Crosses.
- "The Unfinished Print", The Frick Collection, New York, 2004.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.