Sir Edward Astley (Lugt 2775); Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b); given to the National Gallery of Art 1943
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001, as Sheet with Two Studies: a Tree, and the Upper Part of the Head of the Artist.
- "The Unfinished Print", The Frick Collection, New York, 2004.
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993: no. 219, only.