High School Studio Workshops
These two-part workshops include an in-depth examination and discussion of works of art in the galleries, followed by a related one-hour studio activity. Workshops are taught by museum educators specially trained for this program, who will encourage students to look carefully at the art and share their reactions, to formulate theories based on observations, and to make connections between art and life. Students should come to the workshop prepared to participate in group discussion.
Following the gallery discussion, students will create a work of art inspired by the subject matter and techniques represented in the art encountered on the tour. The studio project will reinforce students’ discoveries about art from the point of view of creators.
A minimum of 20 participants is required to reserve a date; up to 25 students may participate in a single workshop. A single school may request no more than two workshop dates.
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-1.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-3.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-5.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-6.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-7.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-2.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-08.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-09.jpg
- High School Studio Workshop /content/dam/ngaweb/features/slideshows/education/education-highschool-studio-10.jpg
Register for High School Studio Workshops
A minimum of 20 participants is required to reserve a date; up to 30 students may participate in a single workshop.
Please address questions to HSStudioWorkshops@nga.gov.
Advanced Art History Workshop
Working in the galleries with specially trained museum educators, students will hone their skills in careful observation, interpretation, and essay writing through a variety of guided activities. Learn more.