In Sky Color, Marisol volunteers to paint the sky for the class mural, but she is missing a key color that she needs. During her ride home on the school bus, Marisol finds inspiration that helps her consider all the colors the sky can be.
Ages 4 to 6
Art Tales is a tour designed for our youngest learners. This tour includes the reading of Sky Color by Peter H. Reynolds, exploration of one to two works of art, and an art- making experience.
Looking and Learning Skills
During the Art Tales: Sky Color tour, students will use their imaginations to explore works of art and discover how some artists depict the natural world. On this tour, students:
- Become familiar with a museum setting
- Observe, describe, compare, and contrast works of art
- Create a landscape
Examples of Works Featured on Tour
- Example works featured on the Sky Color school tour http://media.nga.gov/public/objects/1/2/6/1/4/5/126145-primary-0-740x560.jpg
- Example works featured on the Sky Color school tour http://media.nga.gov/public/objects/6/5/8/9/8/65898-primary-0-740x560.jpg
- Example works featured on the Sky Color school tour http://media.nga.gov/public/objects/1/0/9/7/3/2/109732-primary-0-740x560.jpg
- Example works featured on the Sky Color school tour http://media.nga.gov/public/objects/8/2/6/4/8/82648-primary-0-740x560.jpg
Group Size: Up to 45 students
Length: 60 minutes
Meeting Location: West Building Rotunda
Schedule a Tour
Tours must be scheduled at least four weeks in advance. Groups must contain at least 15 students.
Please complete this form to request a tour.
Once your tour has been scheduled, you will receive a confirmation letter via mail in 10 business days (14 days for Spanish-language tours).
We greatly value your feedback about your school tour experience. Please submit this form to share your feedback.