Center for Advanced Study in the Visual Arts (CASVA)

CASVA, founded in 1979 and located in the National Gallery’s East Building, is a research institute that fosters study of the production, use, and cultural meaning of art, artifacts, architecture, urbanism, photography, and film worldwide from prehistoric times to the present. CASVA’s programs include fellowships, meetings, research, and publications. These are privately funded through endowments and grants to the National Gallery of Art. During the 2014 ‒ 2015 academic year, CASVA published Modernism and Landscape Architecture, 1890‒1940 and produced the sixty-fourth A. W. Mellon Lectures in the Fine Arts as audio and video presentations. Members for the 2015 – 2016 academic year will include approximately 40 fellows from around the globe.

Contact Us

Telephone: (202) 842-6480
Fax: (202) 842-6733
E-mail: casva@nga.gov

Mailing Address
2000B South Club Drive
Landover, MD 20785