ProvenÇal Chronology of CÉzanne: 1839–1849
- Paul Cézanne is born in Aix-en-Provence, the
son of Louis-Auguste Cézanne—a
hatter, aged forty, and of Anne Élisabeth
Honorine Aubert, aged twenty-four, a native of Aix. The child,
born out of wedlock, is acknowledged by his father.
- February 20
- Paul Cézanne is baptized at the church of Sainte-Marie-Madeleine.
godmother is his grandmother Rose Aubert; his godfather,
Louis Aubert, a hatter.
- July 4
- Birth of Marie Cézanne, the couple's second child.
- January 29
- Marriage at the Hôtel de Ville, Aix-en-Provence, of
Louis-Auguste Cézanne, and Anne Élisabeth Honorine
Aubert, who, according to the marriage
certificate, resided with her mother. The religious service
is performed at the church of Sainte-Marie-Madeleine on
January 30. The couple's two children are legitimized
by the marriage.
- June 1
- Opening of the Cézanne and Cabassol Bank, by Louis-Auguste Cézanne and his partner, Joseph Cabassol. In 1856 the Cézanne and
Cabassol Bank moves to 13 rue
- Paintings in a bequest from artist
François-Marius Granet enter the
collection of the Musée d'Aix, later
becoming accessible to Cézanne.
Provençal Chronology of Cézanne | 1850–1859»