The Yellow House
In September 1888 Van Gogh moved to the so-called Yellow House in Arles -- the corner house with the green shutters -- which he had rented as a studio for several months. Hoping to establish a colony of artists, he invited his friends from Paris to join him in the house, for which he conceived a complex decorative program. Gauguin alone came, for two months in October 1888.
List of all objects in this room
Copyright © 2008 National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC