Create characters, make greeting cards, or just have fun doodling with NGAkids PaintBox. Here are some tips to help you get started:
• PaintBox requires SHOCKWAVE PLAYER. Download the free plug-in if you don't already have it installed on your computer.
• Use the single dot SYMMETRY and STROKE settings to draw simple lines. Adjust the SIZE slider to make fine or broad lines. To paint lighter colors, adjust the TRANSPARENCY.
• Choose a BACKGROUND image or color before you start to draw, or leave the background blank. If you click a background after you've drawn something, your picture will be covered. Immediately click UNDO (the red box with an X) to bring it back.
• Use UNDO when you want to delete whatever you just did.
• Use the ERASER to start over. (The drawing area will become blank.)
• To hide a small mistake, paint over it with another color.
• PaintBox will stay active until you close the browser window (even if you disconnect from the Internet). You can make as many pictures as you like, but remember, when you quit the browser or close the PaintBox window, your art will disappear. It's a good idea to save your work often. Here's how to capture a screen shot.
• Print the pictures you like best or send them to your friends.
Copyright © 2004 National Gallery of Art