upper left verso in graphite: "#1 Standing in Stream"
(Downtown Gallery, New York); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1968; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC
- Arthur Dove: Major Drawings, 1911-1920, Downtown Gallery, New York, 1961
- [Christmas exhibition], Downtown Gallery, New York, 1961
- Avant-Garde Painting and Sculpture in America, 1910-1925, Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington, 1975
- Changing Prospects: Views of America on Paper from the Corcoran Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC (Tour of Canada), 1977-1979
- Modernist Watercolors, Prints and Drawings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1982, no. 10
- American Master Drawings from the Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1983
- Over Here: Modernism, the First Exile, 1914-1919, David Winton Bell Gallery, Howard University, Washington, DC, 1989, p. 142, repro
- Arthur Dove: A Retrospective Exhibition, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Addison Gallery of American Art, Andover, Massachusetts, 1998, p. 52, no. 19, repro
- Dove/O'Keeffe: Circles of Influence, Clark Art Institute, WIlliamstown, Massachusetts, 2009, p. 59, pl. 9, repro
- Focus on the Corcoran: Works on Paper, 1860-1990, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2015
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 172, no. 1170.