Probably collection of the artist; probably (his estate sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 22-23 January 1865, no. 56, as La route du marché). William A. Clark [1839-1925], New York, as Moving with the Flock; bequest 1926 to the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- The William A. Clark Collection, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, 26 April-16 July 1978, unnumbered cat.
- La Vie Moderne: Nineteenth Century French Art from the Corcoran Gallery, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; Columbus Museum of Arts and Sciences, Georgia; Mary and Leigh Block Gallery, Northwestern University, Evanston; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Tampa Museum; Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha; Akron Art Museum, 1983-1985, no. 6, repro.
- The William A. Clark Collection: Treasures of a Copper King, Yellowstone Art Center, Billings; Montana Historical Center, Helena, 1989, unnumbered checklist.
- Corot to Monet: The Rise of Landscape Painting in France, Currier Gallery of Art, Manchester, New Hampshire; IBM Gallery of Science and Art, New York; Dallas Museum of Art; High Musuem of Art, Atlanta, 1991-1992.
- A Passion for Nature: Landscape Painting from 19th Century France, Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton, 15 October 2011 - 20 February 2012, no catalogue.