center left on treaty: Pacte / De Famille / en L'annee / 1762
Charles Hour, Paris; sold after 1918 to Mrs. Marshall Field [1853-1937, née Delia Spencer, married first to Arthur L. Caton], Chicago and Washington, D.C.; by inheritance to her niece, Mrs. Albert J. Beveridge [1881-1970, née Catherine Spencer Eddy], Indianapolis, and Beverly Farms, Massachusetts; gift 1955 to NGA.
- Art Association of Indianapolis, Indiana, 1938 (extended loan)
- Museum of Fine Arts, Bostom, 1955 (extended loan)
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 44
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 37, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 112, repro.
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 326, no. 434, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 135, repro.
- Conisbee, Philip, et al. French Paintings of the Fifteenth through the Eighteenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2009: no. 91, 427-430, color repro.