across bottom in exergue: IOF
Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 233–234, no. 339, pl. 98, as Two Hunters, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- National Gallery of Art. Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. Washington, 1951: 153, as Two Hunters, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 35, no. 105, fig. 126, as Allegorical Scene, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Fulton, Christopher Brian. "The Master IO.F.F. and the Function of Plaquettes." Italian Plaquettes ed. by Alison Luchs; In Studies in the History of Art 22 (1989): 158, note 4, as Allegory with a Sleeping Man, by “Master IO.F.F.”
- Bekker, Gerd. Europäische Plaketten und Medaillen vom 15. bis zum 18. Jahrhundert. Leipzig, 1998: 56.