lower right: I. Zuloaga
Commissioned by Mrs. Philip M. Lydig [1880-1929], New York; her estate; (sale, Plaza Art Galleries, Inc., New York, 27 February 1931, no. 73); Chester Dale [1883-1962], New York; bequest 1963 to NGA.
- Exhibition of Women's Portraits by Modern Artists, Glaenzer Galleries, New York, 1913, no. 13.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Ignacio Zuloaga under the auspices of Mrs. Philip M. Lydig, travelling exhibition, 9 venues, 1916-1917, no. 43, repro.
- Appreciations of Rita de Acosta Lydig, The Museum of Costume Art, New York, 1940, frontispiece in catalogue.
- Portraits of Yesterday and Today, Grand Central Art Galleries, New York, 1943, no. 21.
- Portraits of American Women from Romanticism to Surrealism, Portraits, Inc., New York, 1945, no. 48.
- Memorial Loan Exhibition of Paintings & Drawings by Zuloaga, French & Co. Inc., New York, 1946, no. 4.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Lafuente Ferrari 1950, 232, no. 337.
- Paintings other than French in the Chester Dale Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 23, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 141
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 128, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 378, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 442, repro.