upper right: Soutine
The artist. Private collection, Switzerland. (Fine Arts Associates/Gerson Gallery, New York). Joseph H. Hazen [1898-1994], New York, by 1966; Joseph H. Hazen Foundation, New York; gift 1971 to NGA.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1956.
- Paintings from the Collection of Joseph H. Hazen, Israel Museum, Jerusalem; Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, Massachusetts; The Art Galleries, University of California, Los Angeles; University Art Museum, University of California, Berkeley; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; Honolulu Academy of Arts, 1966-1967, no. 39, repro.
- Chaim Soutine, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1968, no. 35, repro.
- Chaim Soutine, Perls Galleries, New York, no. 8, repro.
- Not So Long Ago: Art of the 1920s in Europe and America, University Art Museum, University of Texas, Austin, 1972-1973, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Extended loan for use by the Ambassador, U.S. Embassy residence, Bonn, West Germany, 1981-1985.
- Soutine, Musée de Chartres, 1989, no. 24, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Robert E. Rubin, U.S. Department of the Treasury, Washington, D.C., 1998-1999.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Baum Gallery of Fine Art, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, 1996-1997.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 330, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 380, repro.