David and Mary Robinson, Sausalito, CA; NGA purchase, 1995.
- Seeing Things, Fraenkel Gallery, San Francisco, 1995.
- The First Century of Photography: New Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1995.
- Impressionist France: Visions of Nation from Le Gray to Monet, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City; Saint Louis Art Museum, St. Louis, 2013 - 2014, no. 9.
- In Light of the Past: Celebrating Twenty-Five Years of Collecting Photographs at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, May 3 – July 26, 2015
- Pare, Richard. Photography and Architecture: 1839-1939. Exh. cat. Centre Canadien d'Architecture. Montreal, Canada, 1982, p. 224, illus.pl.12.
- Janis, Eugenia Parry. The Photography of Gustave Le Gray. Exh. cat. The Art Institute of Chicago. Chicago, 1987, pl.32.