Estate of the artist; purchased June 1922 by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- The Impressionist Mood in American Painting, American Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, 1959.
- Abbott Handerson Thayer, Everson Museum of Syracuse, NY; National Academy of Design, New York; Currier Gallery, Manchester, NH; Norton Gallery, West Palm Beach, FL, 1983.
- Abbott Thayer: The Nature of Art, National Museum fo American Art, Washington, D.C., 1999.
- "The World of Art: Some of the Paintings to Be Seen in Washington." The New York Times(1923): SM12.
- Phillips, Dorothy W. A Catalogue of the Collection of American Paintings in The Corcoran Gallery of Art. 2 vols. Washington, 1966: 1:159.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 319, repro.