Robert M. Olyphant [1824-1918], New York, by 1867; (his sale, by Robert Somerville at Chickering Hall , New York, 18-19 December 1877, 2nd day, no. 162, as October Afternoon, [Lake George]); Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington; acquired 2014 by the National Gallery of Art.
- Exposition Universelle, Paris, 1867, as Lake George in Autumn.
- John Frederick Kensett, 1816-1872, circulated by American Federation of Arts, New York, 1968, no. 35, repro. (venues: Whitney Museum of American Art, New York
- Loan for use in Reception Rooms, U.S. Department of State, Washington, April 1970.
- The Natural Paradise: Painting in America, 1800-1950, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1 October - 30 November 1976, no. 86.
- Cash, Sarah, ed. Corcoran Gallery of Art: American Paintings to 1945. Washington, 2011: 30, 305, repro.