lower left in white watercolor: Fort St Iago / Madeira; lower right in white watercolor: W.B.B.; lower center verso in graphite by unknown hand: 1/2 Pol
Mrs. Edward M. East; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 1948; acquired 2015 by the National Gallery of Art
- Simmons, Linda Crocker and with the assistance of Adrianne J. Humphrey, et al. American Drawings, Watercolors, Pastels, and Collages in the Collection of the Corcoran Gallery of Art. Washington, DC: Corcoran Gallery of Art, 1983: p. 8, no. 54.