Recorded as from New York. Purchased in 1951 by Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch; gift to NGA, 1953.
- American Primitive Painting, traveling exhibition organized by the Smithsonian Inst. for the U.S. Information Service, Washington, 1954-1955, no. 45. First venue: Kunstmuseum, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- American Primitive Paintings from the Collection of Edgar William and Bernice Chrysler Garbisch, Columbus Museum of Arts and Crafts, Georgia, 1968-1969, no. 12.
- American Folk Art: Tour in the Arkansas Artmobile Bicentennial Exhibition, traveling exhibition organized by the Arkansas Arts Center, Little Rock, 1975-1976, no cat.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 222, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 337, repro.
- Chotner, Deborah, with contributions by Julie Aronson, Sarah D. Cash, and Laurie Weitzenkorn. American Naive Paintings. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1992: 354-355, color repro. 353.