Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Severo Calzeta, called Severo da Ravenna, The Frick Collection, New York, 1978, no. 17.
- The Fantastic in Renaissance Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection: Renaissance Bronzes. Oxford, 1931: 84, no. 68, pl. 42.
- Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1951: 138, as by Andrea Briosco Riccio.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: no. 488.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 218, repro.