Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); purchased 1945 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1957 to NGA.
- Ricci, Seymour de. The Gustave Dreyfus Collection. Reliefs and Plaquettes. Oxford, 1931: 234, no. 340, pl. 98, as North Italian early sixteenth century, Two Hunters.
- National Gallery of Art. Renaissance Bronzes: Statuettes, Reliefs and Plaquettes, Medals and Coins from the Kress Collection. Introduction by Perry B. Cott. Washington, 1951: 153, as Two Hunters, by Master IO.F.F.
- Pope-Hennessy, John W. Renaissance Bronzes from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Reliefs, Plaquettes, Statuettes, Utensils and Mortars. London, 1965: 35, no. 106, fig. 123, as Allegorical Scene, by Master IO.F.F.
- Wilson, Carolyn C. Renaissance Small Bronze Sculpture and Associated Decorative Arts at the National Gallery of Art. Washington, 1983: 96, no. 13, repro., as Allegorical Scene with Hercules(?) and a Bacchant, by Master IO.F.F.
- Fulton, Christopher Brian. "The Master IO.F.F. and the Function of Plaquettes." Italian Plaquettes ed. by Alison Luchs; In Studies in the History of Art 22 (1989): 158, n. 4, as not by Master I.O.F.F.
- Lucco, Mauro, Bertrand Jestaz, and Tiziana Franco, eds. Catalogo del Museo civico di Belluno. 3 vols. Vicenza, 1997: 3:46.
- Vannel, Fiorenza, and Giuseppe Toderi. Medaglie e placchette del Museo Bardini di Firenze. Florence, 1998: 143, 144.