Possibly (Alexis Ottoz, Paris.) (Carroll Carstairs Gallery, New York); sold 26 January 1949 to Mrs. Ailsa Mellon Bruce [1901-1969], New York; bequest 1970 to NGA.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Samuel R. Pierce, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Washington, D.C., 1986-1989.
- Extended loan for use by The Supreme Court of the United States, Washington, D.C., 1989-1991.
- Extended loan for use by Secretary Richard Riley, U.S. Department of Education, Washington, D.C., 1994-1998.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 140, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 28, repro.