lower left: IVAN LE LORRAINE ALBRIGHT
Lawrence A. [b. 1925] and Barbara Fleischman, Detroit, at least 1960 to 1965. (Kennedy Galleries, New York); purchased 24 March 1967 by Robert H. and Clarice Smith, Washington, D.C.; gift 1972 to NGA.
- Paintings by George and Martin Baer and Ivan Le Lorraine Albright, Art Institute of Chicago, July-October 1931, no cat., as Midnight.
- Thirty-Fifth Annual Exhibition by Artists of Chicago and Vicinity, Art Institute of Chicago, January-March 1931, no. 5, repro., as Midnight.
- 130th Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1935, no. 254, as There Were No Flowers To-nite.
- American Realists and Magic Realists, The Museum of Modern Art, New York; Albright Art Gallery, Buffalo; Minneapolis Institute of Arts; San Francisco Musuem of Art; Art Gallery of Toronto; Cleveland Museum of Art, 1943-1944, no. 27.
- First Joint Exhibition: The Albright Twins, Associated American Artists Galleries, New York, 1945, no. 14.
- 121st Annual Exhibition, National Academy of Design, New York, January 1947, no. 72.
- The Twentieth Biennial Exhibition of Contemporary American Oil Paintings, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., March-May 1947, no. 200, repro.
- American Painting 1760-1960, A selection of 125 paintings from the collection of Mr. and Mrs. Lawrence A. Fleischman, Detroit, Milwaukee Art Center, 1960, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- American Painting 1765-1963, Selections From the Lawrence A. and Barbara Fleischman Collection of American Art, University of Arizona Art Gallery, Tucson, 1964, no. 1, repro.
- Ivan Albright: A Retrospective Exhibition, Art Institute of Chicago; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1964-1965, as There Were No Flowers Tonight (Midnight), no. 7, repro.
- Solitude: Inner Visions in American Art, Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 1982, no. 17, repro.
- Museo de los Museos: arte universal a través de los tiempos, Museo del Palacio de Bellas Artes, Mexico City, 1984, no. 44, repro.
- Extended loan for use by Ambassador Madeleine Albright, Representative of the U.S. to the United Nations, office at the U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C., 1993-1997.
- Ivan Albright, Art Institute of Chicago; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1997, no. 15, color repro., as There Were No Flowers Tonight (Midnight).
- Against the Grain: Modernism in the Midwest, Massillon Museum, Ohio; Riffe Gallery, Columbus; Southern Ohio Museum and Cultural Center, Portsmouth; Museum of Wisconsin Art, West Bend, 2010-2011, no. 13, repro. (shown only in Massillon, Portsmouth, and West Bend).
- Youth and Beauty: Art of the American Twenties, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn; Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas; The Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland, 2011 - 2012, unnumbered catalogue.
- Youth and Beauty: Art of the American Twenties, Brooklyn Museum; Dallas Museum of Art; Cleveland Museum of Art, 2011-2012, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 68.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 19, repro.
- Williams, William James. A Heritage of American Paintings from the National Gallery of Art. New York, 1981: color repro. 220, 227-8.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 20, repro.