Dr. Stefan von Licht, Vienna (Lugt Supp.789b)(sale, Hugo Helbing, Frankfurt-am-Main, 7 December 1927, no. 90); Prof. Otto Benesch, Vienna; Private Collection, Stockholm; Edmund Pillsbury; NGA purchase in 1983.
- The Graphic Art of Federico Barocci, Selected Drawings and Prints. The Cleveland Museum of Art and Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 1978, no. 18
- Correggio and His Legacy, Sixteenth-Century Emilian Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, and Palazzo della Pilotta, Parma (catalogue in Italian), no. 96.
- Olsen, Harald. Federico Barocci, A Critical Study in Italian Cinquecento Painting. Stockholm, 1955: 117, under no. 14.
- Olsen, Harald. Federico Barocci. Copenhagen, 1962: 148-149, pl. 19b (recto), under no. 14.
- J.B. [Jacob Bean]. Review of The Graphic Art of Federico Barocci exhibition, in Master Drawings 16,no. 4, Winter, 1978: 452.
- McCullagh, Suzanne Folds. "Serendipity in a Solander Box: A Recently Discovered Pastel and Chalk Drawing by Federico Barocci," The Art Institute of Chicago Museum Studies 17, no. 1, 1991, 64-65, fig. 16 (recto).
- McCullagh, Suzanne Folds. "Early Portraits, Portrayals, and Pastels in the Art of Federico Barocci," in Festschrift für Konrad Oberhuber, Achim Gnann and Heinz Widauer, eds., Milan, 2000: 169, 171, fig. 7 (verso).