Admission is always free Directions

Open today: 10:00 to 5:00

Inscription

lower right: Oswald Birley / 1928

Provenance

Commissioned 1928 by Joseph E. Widener [1871-1943], Philadelphia; by inheritance to his son, Peter Arrell Brown Widener II [1895-1948], Philadelphia; by inheritance to his son, Peter Arrell Brown Widener III [1925-1999], Sheridan, WY; gift 1994 to NGA.[1]

Exhibition History
1955
Loan to display with permanent collection, National Museum of Racing, Saratoga Springs, New York, 1955-1994.