Heneage Finch Earl of Aylesford (Lugt 58); August Artaria (Lugt 33); Lessing Julius Rosenwald (Lugt 1760b); given to the National Gallery of Art 1943
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by Frans Hals and Rembrandt, Los Angeles County Museum, 1947, no. 23.
- Drawings and Prints by Rembrandt from the Rosenwald and Widener Collections, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1958, no catalogue.
- Rembrandt, Museum of History and Technology, Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D.C., 1966-1967.
- Rembrandt in the National Gallery of Art [Commemorating the Tercentenary of the Artist's Death], National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, no. 93, 66.
- Rembrandt's Landscapes: Drawings and Prints, NGA, 1990, no. 35 [photograph reproduced not of this impression].
- Strokes of Genius: Rembrandt's Prints and Drawings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.
Water, Wind, and Waves: Marine Paintings from the Dutch Golden Age, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2018, unnumbered brochure.
- Hind, Arthur M. A Catalogue of Rembrandt's Etchings. London: Methuen and Co. Ltd., 1923.
- White, Christopher and Karel G. Boon. Rembrandt's Etchings. 2 vols. Amsterdam: Van Gendt & Co., 1969.
- Schneider, Cynthia P. Rembrandt's Landscapes: Prints and Drawings. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1990: no. 35a [photograph reproduced not of this impression]
- Explore: Thought and Discovery at the University of Kansas, Spring 1993, p.10.
- The New Hollstein Dutch & Flemish Etchings, Engravings and Woodcuts, 1450-1700. (Rembrandt, Erik Hinterding and Jaco Rutgers, authors). Rotterdam: Sound & Vision Interactive, 1993-, no. 252, state ii/ii.